Friday, March 13, 2020

3/13: Den to Eithiopia

Left Mom and Dad's at 7AM. I got to see Natalie, Wes, and Kane before I left which was lovely and calming.
Dad drove me alone since my Mom needed to stay behind to watch Wes and Kane.
I was pretty scared to be honest since the CoronaVirus  (COV-19) was getting worse and worse.  But I called the tour group and insurance and they were not cancelling the trip so I kinda had to go.
There were a few masks in ORD, but nervous about leaving and not being able to return to the US potentially.
I went through security quickly and boarded on time. First stop was Ethiopia (13-13.5 hrs). I met an African-American woman in the aisle seat while I was in the window seat. No one was in the middle seat which was nice so we had a room to spread out. Really only 1/4 of the plane was utilized so people were spaced out nicely and could even go further to the back and lay down if we wanted to.
I was comfortable though in my seat-I wore my calf sleeves to reduce cramping and they work really well---my feet were a bit swollen after the flights and wearing them the whole time but legs felt good.
I watched 4 movies on this flight (A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood), 127 hours, Crazy Heart, and Frozen 2.
I listened to some music, slept for maybe 5 hours or so.
Meals:
Got served lunch first-white fish and rice, salad, bread roll, cheese and crackers. It was ok, pretty tasty.
Dinner was a very small chicken deli meat sandwich---it was very plain, not great and super tiny portion.
Then I had my banana as a snack.
For breakfast: eggs and veggie-medley and a sausage-looking thing. I didn't eat that, but eggs were kinda watery, the veggies tasted the best-were buttered. I had a roll, croissant, and fruit cup.
I went to put a nuun tablet into my water shaker, but it was so full so I spilled it all over my pants---it was pretty wet and on the seat. The woman I was sitting by got me some napkins and I went to the bathroom. I just had to wait for it to dry on their own--no other options really.

No comments:

Post a Comment